Tuesday 14 August 2012

Turkey Pasta








We had just got back from holiday and desperate for a cupboard meal rather than do a big shop while still unloading the car and between copious piles of washing,  I raided the freezer and cupboards.  Yet again threw it all together and it was so welcoming at the end of a long day of travelling.  It took minutes to actually cook once defrosted but a great idea if you plan it before you go away.

Ingredients

Turkey steak - diced   (I used a combination of turkey and chicken from the freezer)
Onion - chopped finely
Condensed soup (I had chicken but mushroom would be fine)
Large splash of milk
Pasta


Fry the onions for a few minutes to make them soft then add the meat.









Fry this off till browned on all sides.





Stir in the soup and add milk to rinse the tin.

Bring to the boil for a few minutes then turn down and allow to simmer.  If it begins to look dry or sticky add a little more milk.







I put the pasta water on at the same time and then added the pasta as I turned the meal down.



Just before the pasta is ready,  drain and finish off in the milky sauce.







Serve with bright coloured vegetables such as brocolli, carrots, peas.     We had frozen peas from the freezer.   This will probably work well for most meats if you adapt the soup.    If you use beef or lamb you may need a vegetable soup or a jar which would need a red wine rinse rather than milk.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any quick cupboard style meals that can be rustled up.



Tiggy

Find out what I am up to in my other blog  Dawn Chorus




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message here and let me know how you got on with this dish
thank you, Tiggy.